Foods that Contain Natural Antibiotic Qualities/Properties
The following is a list of foods that contain natural antibiotic qualities and properties and specific information relating to what it offers to a person health wise:
• Garlic: garlic has been a natural antibiotic used since ancient times. Garlic in the diet helps reduce cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure, and also helps thin the blood and acts as an expectorant and decongestant. In the past, garlic was used for its antimicrobial properties in World War I to treat typhus and dysentery, and during World War II it was used to ward off sepsis (blood poisoning). Modern research has shown that garlic has extensive antibiotic properties. Japanese, Russians, English and American scientists have conducted extensive research which shows a diet which contains regular amounts of garlic can reduce the risk of stroke, hypertension, tumors, and certain forms of cancer and can help with treatment of the common cold.
• Onions: a close relative of garlic, onions have also been shown to have excellent antibiotic properties with a history of usage dating back to ancient Rome. There is a long list of beneficial medicinal properties which has been directly attributed to the onion such as; herbal analgesia, anti-inflammatory substance, increases circulation, alleviating angina, and used in the treatment of the common cold and flu, and for people who have a persistent cough.
• Honey: has long been used as a traditional topical treatment for wound infections and has shown to be effective against certain antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains. Honey has been shown to have a broad range of antimicrobial action against a broad range of both fungi and bacteria.
• Australian Tea Tree Oil: comes from a small, fragrant evergreen tree and is sold in health food stores. The substance can be applied topically to treat fingernail fungus, slow healing wounds and sores.
• Fruits containing vitamin C: fruits high in vitamin C are recommended because they can help stave off or eliminate certain infectious bacteria. Vitamin C is essential for growth and development, and serves in the function of skin repair. The substance is very important in wound healing, strengthens the human immune system and increases the body’s ability to resist infection. Studied first in the 1930’s by Dr. Fred Klenner at the University of North Carolina, the antibiotic action of vitamin C was shown to help patients heal from snake bites, viral and bacterial infections. Fruits rich in vitamin C include; kiwi, strawberries, oranges, pineapple, honeydew melon, mangoes, plums and watermelon.
• Vegetables rich in vitamin C: due to the high vitamin C content of some vegetables, the following foods can serve as a natural antibiotic as well; cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes and spinach.
• Fermented foods: these are foods that are prepared with microorganisms, mainly bacteria. The foods can also be considered as a form of natural antibiotics because they reintroduce friendly bacteria into the body. Fermented foods are often recommended in conjunction with traditional antibiotic treatment because while the underlying disease is being treated and bacteria is being killed, a person will be less likely to develop a secondary infection due to the decrease of normal bacterial body flora.
• Eucalyptus: used as a powerful decongestant, has a very crisp, easy-to-recognize odor. Eucalyptus is a natural antiseptic which kills certain funguses, bacteria and viruses. Can be steeped and made into an herbal tea.
• Goldenseal: a powerful and potent immune system stimulant which medical research has shown to block streptococci bacteria from colonizing within the human body. Native American Indians have also used goldenseal in the treatment of certain types of fungal and protozoa infections.
Herbs that Contain Natural Antibiotic Qualities/Properties
The University of Colorado has also uncovered certain herbs which exhibit traits and qualities that mimic antibiotic actions in the human body, which include the following:
• Bay leaf
• Chili peppers
• Caraway seed
• Mint sage
Combined with Asea our body`s can exploit these natural Antibiotics like nature intended.